Do you have questions about paysafecard? Talk to us!
Find frequently asked questions and answers about using paysafecard here. Simply browse the different categories or use the search bar.
- How do I get a refund of the balance of my paysafecard PIN?
We can refund the balance of your paysafecard PIN. Please have the following details and documents ready to complete the online refund request:
- Your bank details (bank name, IBAN, BIC)
- A copy of the paysafecard PIN(s).
Additional documents which may be required:
- A copy of a valid form of official photographic ID (e.g. passport, driving licence or ID card - front and back)
- Proof of address, such as an electricity bill, certificate of registration, tax assessment etc.)
Please remember that refunds entail a processing fee of GBP 6 which is deducted from the balance of the paysafecard PIN(s). Refunds may take up to eleven working days to process.
- I receive the following error message when I try to pay: Your balance is insufficient to pay the outstanding amount. It's possible that one or more of your PINs have been frozen. Please use additional PINs to complete your payment. What do I do?
Please send a legible copy of your paysafecard to email@example.com. The paysafecard service team will look into this matter.
- How long does it take to refund the balance of my paysafecard PIN?
Refunds usually take up to eleven working days to complete. You will be informed by e-mail as soon as your request has been processed.
- The refunded amount hasn't been transferred to my bank account. What do I do?
Please remember that a refund can take up to eleven working days. If this time has already passed, please send us an e-mail with the refund reference number and the serial number(s) of the paysafecard PIN(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why am I suddenly no longer able to top up my paysafecard with paysafecard PINs?
If you are unable to add any more PINs to your my paysafecard account, please check your current status under menu option "My status". If you have reached your top-up limit, you can upgrade your status there.
If you haven't reached your top-up limit, please check the following:
- Did you purchase the paysafecard PIN in the same country in which you signed up for my paysafecard? Please remember that your my paysafecard account may only be topped up with paysafecard PINs purchased in the same country in which your my paysafecard account is registered.
- Did you enter the paysafecard PIN correctly? Please always check that you have entered the PIN correctly before clicking "Add credit".
- Does your paysafecard PIN still have funds? Only PINs with funds remaining on them can be added to my paysafecard.
- What do I do when a transaction has been made with my paysafecard PIN that I did not instigate?
Please send a legible copy of the front and back of your paysafecard to email@example.com.. The paysafecard service team will verify if this is the result of a technical error.
- I haven't received the text message confirming my mobile number. What do I do?
You can resend the text message to confirm your mobile number. Simply log in to your my paysafecard account and click on "Resend text message".
If you request a new text message, please remember the following two points:
- Please check that you have entered your mobile number correctly. If this is not the case, you can correct your mobile number.
- The message to confirm your mobile number may take some time to arrive. If this is the case, you can log in to your my paysafecard account at a later time and confirm your mobile number then.
If you don't receive the second text message, please send us an e-mail with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The e-mail address you entered during registration OR your my paysafecard username.
- Your full name
- What does "processing" mean? And how long does a payment remain in "processing"?
Once you click on "Pay" in the payment panel, the transaction amount is sent to the online shop. The transaction amount is usually available in the online shop after a couple of minutes.
In exceptional cases, such as the result of technical problems, your payment cannot be completed and the transaction amount will be credited back to you (the amount will be available to you again within a couple of minutes).
- Why am I unable to log in to my paysafecard?
If you've forgotten your username or password, please click the corresponding links on the login page ("Forgotten password" or "Forgotten username") and follow the steps.
Sometimes it also helps to delete cookies in your browser settings, or to try logging in from a different browser.
Should you continue to have problems logging in to your my paysafecard account, please get in touch with the paysafecard Service Team.
- I have been locked out of my computer and I receive a notification demanding a payment using paysafecard to regain access to it. What do I do?
Important: If you have received such a notification to regain access to your computer, this is a scam! paysafecard is never used by the police or any government authority as a payment method. The fact that you have received this message on your computer means that it has been infected by a virus. Never enter a paysafecard PIN in an attempt to regain access to your computer! Your computer will remain infected by the virus even after you enter a paysafecard PIN and you will simply lose the balance of the paysafecard PIN. Please contact a computer specialist in order to remove the virus. Further information on the subject of security can be found here.
If you have already purchased a paysafecard and entered the PIN in the relevant field in your computer, you are still able to lock your PIN(s) using this online form. Alternatively, you can call our hotline and use our PIN locking service by pressing 1 on your your phone. You can find the number of our paysafecard hotline here. Please note: A paysafecard PIN can only be locked if the balance of the PIN has not already been used by the perpetrators.
If the complete balance of your paysafecard PIN has already been used, we will be unable to refund or replace it. In this case, we highly recommend you contact the police to file a report. We are happy to answer any questions from the police at the e-mail address email@example.com.
Most frequently asked questions
Do you have any questions?
If you can't find the answer to your question, please contact the paysafecard service team.