Add funds to Steam Wallet and pay for games with paysafecard
Steam is a crucial element of PC gaming around the world. Over 125 million users are registered on Steam and regularly use the store, communities, multiplayer servers and many more features available on the platform. It’s no wonder when you consider just how massive Steam’s range has become. The platform is run by the US company Valve and connects players to the built-in games store, friends network and games archive. The simple payment methods available on Steam, such as paysafecard, ensure that the latest games are always just a few clicks away. Many gamers have completely given up on collecting physical copies of games and now exclusively archive their games on Steam.
One of the main reasons behind the platform’s success is its Steam Sales. These take place at least twice a year (summer and winter), offering some games at discounts of up to 90%. This not only rouses the bargain hunter in every gamer, it is also an excellent opportunity for users’ to keep their Steam Libraries topped up with games.
There are generally two ways to activate games on Steam: Either the title uses Steam as a form of piracy protection by requiring users to enter the CD key on the packaging into the online service or users buy digital versions of games directly from the Steam Store. Digital copies often offer attractive bonuses in the form of bonus content and special goodies – particularly for preorders. Steam offers several payment methods for digital purchases.
Buying games on Steam with paysafecard
Paying for your new games on Steam is extremely simple with paysafecard:
- First choose the game you want to buy and add it to the cart.
- There you have the choice between buying the game for yourself or as a gift for someone else.
- Now select paysafecard as the payment method for your Steam purchase from the drop-down menu.
- The next step gives you the opportunity to check all the details again and asks you to accept Steam’s T&Cs. You are then forwarded to payment.
- Enter your 16-digit paysafecard PIN to pay.
- Once you’ve paid, you are redirected to the Store, where you can start your game download.
Adding funds to Steam Wallet with paysafecard
Adding funds to your Steam account with paysafecard is as equally simple, and allows you to use your balance later in the Store, Marketplace or Workshop:
- If you would like to top up your Steam Wallet, select menu option Account and then Account Details.
- There you will see the option Add funds to your Steam Wallet. Select this, followed by the amount you wish to add to your Steam Wallet.
- This opens the Payment Method section: Select paysafecard and complete the payment process (as described above). Your new Wallet balance is then displayed to you, which you can use in the Store, Marketplace or Workshop.
- This method is also a great way for using the remaining balance on a paysafecard PIN.