A protective shield for your computer and mobile phone
Whether it's a computer or a phone you use to go online, make sure you protect your devices from viruses, trojans and other dangers. These general tips are particularly important for helping you do so:
- Use a firewall and always ensure that it's active and updated.
- Regularly update your computer's operating system and your mobile phone. These updates close security gaps and provide better protection.
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your devices to protect them against viruses and trojans. Make sure they are also regularly updated.
- Regularly back up your files and keep them safe.
- For mobile phones: Be careful about which apps you choose to install.
Protect your personal details
Exercise extra caution when entering personal information. Only enter personal information on websites you trust and only when it is absolutely necessary. For example, when posting comments or writing in forums use an e-mail address which cannot be traced back to your personal information. Use the privacy settings in social networks to ensure that only those people you want to be able to see your personal details are able to do so.
Secure protection begins with a secure password
A secure password protects you against data theft. The following general tips will help you create secure passwords:
- The longer the password the more secure it is.
- Use upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters and punctuation marks. Avoid dictionary words and terms and dates closely connected to you (such as birthdays, names etc.).
- Change your passwords regularly.
- Never save your passwords.
Shopping safely online
Whether it's online shops, auction sites or exchanges, the internet offers many ways to shop online. Wherever it is you want to pay, find out about the following points before you make a purchase there:
- The vendor
- The product
- The method of payment
- Shipping method
Particularly important: Never send sensitive data, such as paysafecard PINs, via e-mail.
Do you have any questions?
Are you looking for more information or do you have questions about using paysafecard? Our customer service team is happy to help you.