Cookies are small text files downloaded to all devices you use to access a website. They are widely used and serve to allow access to websites or to improve the usability of websites. They also provide website operators with information on the surfing behaviour of users. You can find comprehensive information on the uses of cookies (in English) at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Websites operated within the European Union must obtain users' permission before placing or storing cookies (or similar technologies) on users' computers or mobile devices.
Cookies help us track how visitors use our website. This allows us to tailor our website to the interests and needs of our customers as well as provide you with an improved user experience when you visit our website. For example, the cookies we use make it possible to remember users' preferences, such as the language setting, when you navigate the pages of our website. Cookies also help protect our system and ensure that your details are secure when you use our services.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Required cookies - this category includes cookies which are necessary for the operation of our website. These include cookies such as to identify you when you pay with paysafecard or log in to your paysafecard account. They allow you to move freely through our website and use our services as you wish. These cookies are activated when you visit our website and remain active for the duration of your visit.
- Compliance cookies - these cookies are required for us to be able to meet legal compliance regulations - such as in regard to money laundering and fraud prevention - as well as to prevent your account from being misused by others. These cookies are activated when you visit our website and remain active for the duration of your visit.
- Performance cookies - these cookies assist in the operation of our website and help us provide you with a better service. They record details such as which pages you frequently visit or when you encounter an error message.
- Functionality cookies - this category includes all the cookies which allow us to provide you with an even more personalised service, and which record changes to the settings of our website which you have previously made, such as the region you are visiting the website from or your language preference.
- Third-party cookies - when you visit a web page within our website which has embedded third-party content, such as from YouTube or Twitter, it is possible that they will place cookies on your device. We have absolutely no control over these cookies. If you would like to find out more about the types of cookies which may be downloaded as a result, please visit the website of the third-party provider to do so.
- Third-party cookies for collecting information - these cookies, such as from Facebook or Google, collect information on the pages you visit within our website. The information collected helps us understand our customers better. It also allows us to serve advertising directed at specific target groups.
Which cookies are used on paysafecard.com?
The following table displays which cookies we use and the purposes they serve.
|Google Analytics*||_utma||This cookie allows us to count the number of visitors to our website. It is usually placed on your first visit to our website. If you delete it (for example, by deleting all cookies via your browser settings), it will be placed again on your next visit.|
|Google Analytics*||_utmb||This cookie is used to count so-called user sessions. This is every time you visit our website, but not every click on a new website or on another area within our website. This cookie becomes invalid after 30 minutes of inactivity. If you access our website again once this period has expired, a new cookie will be placed.|
|Google Analytics*||_utmc||This cookie is used to count and record the end of user sessions. This means a visit to our website in which you access multiple web pages or areas of our website. This cookie becomes invalid after 30 minutes of inactivity. If you access our website again once this period has expired, a new cookie will be placed.|
|Google Analytics*||_utmv||This cookie serves the segmentation of user groups on the website. For example, it is used to differentiate between registered and non-registered users and to observe their user behaviour separately.|
|Google Analytics*||_utmz||This cookie records how visitors reach a page. For example, via an advert or a specific search engine. We use this information to gauge the effectivity of our online advertising and to determine how we may improve navigation within our website.|
|psc_country_man||This cookie is used to track changes users make to the country settings. For example, if a user switches the website from the Austrian to the Swiss version, they will automatically be forwarded to the Swiss paysafecard website on their next visit.|
|ref||This cookie records the website a visitor came from to our website.|
|PHPSESSID||This cookie is used to track whether a user has already entered competitions or prize draws.|
|Human||This cookies is used as a technical counter.|
|storesearch2||This cookie stores the previous address entered in a sales outlet search performed on our website in order to display the previous search result when the user next accesses this feature.|
|cid||This cookie stores the referrer domain for 60 days in order to be able to analyse from which website a user arrived at paysafecard.com.|
|partnerProgramId||This cookie records if a user starts on the payout landing page.|
- Google Analytics Help (English)
- From __utma to __utmz: Google Analytics Cookies (English)
How do I delete or block cookies?
You can block cookies in the settings of your browser by only allowing certain cookies or no cookies at all to be used. However, if you decide to disallow all cookies, it may result in no longer being able to access parts or even the whole of our website. If you do not change the settings of your browser to disallow all cookies, cookies will be used by our system when you visit our website.
Information on cookies
You can find plenty of helpful information on cookies here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ .
Internet Advertising Bureau
The association for the promotion of online advertising has released a guide about online behavioural advertising available at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
International Chamber of Commerce, Great Britain
Information on the Cookie Guide released by the ICC (UK) can be found at (English): http://www.iccwbo.uk/pages/privacy/
Please note: We reserve the right to change this policy at any time by releasing an updated version on our website. The revised version becomes effective at its time of publication. Furthermore, extensive changes are announced 30 days in advance in the form of a notice on the policy page of our website.
Always on the safe side
paysafecard stands for total security. Find useful information here on paying safely online and protecting yourself against scams.