Do you have questions about paysafecard?
Find frequently asked questions and answers about using paysafecard here. Simply browse the different categories or use the search bar.
- I have been locked out of my computer and I receive a notification demanding a payment using paysafecard to regain access to it. What do I do?
Important: If you have received such a notification to regain access to your computer, this is a scam! paysafecard is never used by the police or any government authority as a payment method. The fact that you have received this message on your computer means that it has been infected by a virus. Never enter a paysafecard PIN in an attempt to regain access to your computer! Your computer will remain infected by the virus even after you enter a paysafecard PIN and you will simply lose the balance of the paysafecard PIN. Please contact a computer specialist in order to remove the virus. Further information on the subject of security can be found here.
If you have already bought paysafecard and entered the PIN in the relevant field in the affected computer, please call our hotline immediately. The paysafecard hotline number can be found here. Please note: It is only possible to freeze the paysafecard PIN if it hasn't already been used by those behind the scam.
If the complete balance of your paysafecard PIN has already been used, we will be unable to refund or replace it. In this case, we highly recommend you contact the police to file a report. We are happy to answer any questions from the police at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What do I do when a transaction has been made with my paysafecard PIN that I did not instigate?
Please send a legible copy of the front and back of your paysafecard to email@example.com.. The paysafecard service team will verify if this is the result of a technical error.
- What does "processing" mean? And how long does a payment remain in "processing"?
Once you click on "Pay" in the payment panel, the transaction amount is sent to the online shop. The transaction amount is usually available in the online shop after a couple of minutes.
In exceptional cases, such as the result of technical problems, your payment cannot be completed and the transaction amount will be credited back to you (the amount will be available to you again within a maximum of two hours).
- How do I get a refund of the balance of my paysafecard PIN?
Refunds via the paysafecard service team
To apply for a refund, please send an e-mail with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your bank account details (including: Bank name, routing number, account number, account holders name).
- A copy of the paysafecard PIN(s).
Additional documents which may be required:
- A copy of a valid form of official photographic ID (e.g. passport, driving licence or ID card - front and back)
- The complete and current address of the account holder (house number, street name, town/city, county and postcode).
Please remember that refunds entail a processing fee of USD 7.50 which is deducted from the balance of the paysafecard PIN(s). Refunds may take up to eleven working days to process.
- I receive the following error message when I try to pay: Your balance is insufficient to pay the outstanding amount. It's possible that one or more of your PINs have been frozen. Please use additional PINs to complete your payment. What do I do?
Please send a legible copy of your paysafecard to email@example.com. The paysafecard service team will look into this matter.
- How long does it take to refund the balance of my paysafecard PIN?
Refunds usually take up to eleven working days to complete. You will be informed by e-mail as soon as your request has been processed.
- The refunded amount hasn't been transferred to my bank account. What do I do?
Please remember that a refund can take up to eleven working days. If this time has already passed, please send us an e-mail with the refund reference number and the serial number(s) of the paysafecard PIN(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most frequently asked questions
Do you have any questions?
If you can't find the answer to your question, please contact the paysafecard service team.