Security is an important issue for anyone who wishes to pay quickly and conveniently online. That’s why last autumn paysafecard launched a campaign to raise user awareness about “paying simply and safely online” with the help of information materials. The safety campaign drew on three broadly based measures, including security fact sheets and a safety brochure on “Safety First - Useful security tips and current consumer information on the online payment method paysafecard”. The security advantages offered by paysafecard have been regularly reported on by renowned media outlets.
paysafecard is an online prepaid payment method which works in a similar way to mobile phone top-up cards: Customers pay cash for paysafecard at any of the numerous sales outlets available, such as at newsagents and petrol stations. Customers can then pay online at thousands of online shops by simply entering the printed 16-digit PIN and without having to share personal details such as bank account or credit card information.
Proactively protecting customers as best as possible is a central concern of paysafecard for the simple fact that security is of the utmost importance to the European market leader for prepaid online payments. However, the most important measure is to treat the 16-digit PIN found on every paysafecard like cash and to never share it with anyone else.
Security tips on carefully using paysafecard online:
1. Only buy paysafecard at authorised sales outlets.
2. Treat paysafecard like cash and never pass it on to a third party! This includes by e-mail and telephone.
3. Only use paysafecard at the online shops of authorised business partners.
4. If you suspect fraud, contact the paysafecard service team immediately: email@example.com!
5. Further security tips are available at www.paysafecard.com/security