Same commercials for paysafecard and the gift cards?
paysafecard and the gift cards are operated based on different distribution setups with different agreements and associated costs. Therefore, a different pricing applies for both products.
Please contact your account manager at paysafecard to get a quote on the gift card pricing.
Changes to existing collaboration with paysafecard and Openbucks Corp.?
At this point of time, nothing changes for merchants already working with both, paysafecard and Openbucks Corp. The contracts and fees stay in place.
Conflict of interest by offering two cash-based payment methods?
paysafecard and the gift cards are complementary and should be seen side-by-side in your payment mix. Whereas there are similar reasons to pay cash online (no credit cards, safety and privacy, track spending, etc.) and consumer groups might overlap, accepting the gift cards gives you access to an even broader group of cash customers.
Gift card activation in addition to paysafecard
The activation of the gift cards is subject to an addendum to your paysafecard agreement. On the technical side, the acceptance of the U.S. gift cards is available through the paysafecard API, thus no additional API integration is necessary.
Upon completion of the contract addendum, the gift cards will be activated on your existing USD MID and displayed as additional cards on the paysafecard payment panel.
On your end, changes will need to be made to the checkout page to display and present the additional payment options to your customer base. paysafecard offers a variety of options to present all cards and improve conversion rates. Please find more details here.
Please contact your account manager for further guidance and next steps.
paysafecard activation USA
If you are an existing paysafecard merchant not yet transacting in the USA, you will need to implement it as any new/additional country. This is subject to your internal procedures. In case you do not yet have a USD MID (merchant ID), this will be opened during the process.
Why add Obucks in addition to paysafecard?
Whereas both are cash-based payment methods to pay online, Circle K, CVS/pharmacy and Dollar General gift cards add additional value to your payment mix:
- Top Brand Value: Benefit from well-known and trusted retail brands with locations just a few miles away in every state, e.g. 75 % of US residents live within 5 miles of a Dollar General store
- Extended Target Audience: Access an even bigger group of cash-preferred consumers, i.e. 60% of Dollar General’s 100 million unique annual customers are cash payers.
- Incremental Revenues: Existing merchant data shows that accepting gift cards increases sales by 2 – 5 %, depending on checkout presentment and the merchant’s demographics.
- Great Accessibility: The retailer’s shop locations are well known and usually just around the corner.
- No Consumer Fees, Great Flexibility: 0% fees are charged for Circle K, CVS/pharmacy and Dollar General gift cards at the POS. Consumers can load up to $ 2,000 per day with no expiration of funds, flexible spending in stores and online.
- No Chargebacks: It is prepaid and guaranteed by the retailer.
Will other gift cards be added to the portfolio?
We are aiming to expand the platform and add further brands and partners to the network, however we cannot disclose any details at this point of time.
What is the paysafecard Service Center (MSC)?
The MSC is a tool that guides you step by step during the integration of paysafecard into your online shop. Once you are live you can check the status of your transactions there.
Upon submitting the online form you will be logged in to the Service Center.
During the onboarding of paysafecard you can use the MSC to:
- Select how you wish to integrate paysafecard
- Upload the required documents
- Sign the partner contract
- Complete the technical integration of paysafecard
- Contact our support
Once integration is completed, the MSC will remain available for you to:
- Manage IP addresses
- Download reports
- Check the status of your transactions
- Contact our support/contact information in case of emergencies
If you are a Payment Gateway, you will only be able to use the Service Center for the technical integration of paysafecard.
What is the procedure for the technical integration process of paysafecard?
During the technical integration of paysafecard as a payment method you are guided by our MSC through the following steps:
- Choose your integration type
Choose if you are going to integrate paysafecard directly or indirectly through a plugin or a payment gateway.
- API key/MRT access details for the test system
paysafecard provides you with the REST API keys for testing our REST API and Merchant Reporting Tool (MRT, only available for test system to check the status of your transactions). If you are integrating with a plugin or with a Payment Gateway this step will be skipped.
- Integration test
A series of test cases are supplied in our MSC. These must be completed in the specified order in real time and checked against our system. If you are integrating with a plugin or with a Payment Gateway this step will be skipped. If you also implement one of our services, "Payout" or "Refund", once the integration test has been successfully completed, this feature is tested by our staff.
- IP whitelisting for the production system
After successfully completing the integration test, we request your IP addresses for the production system, which must be authorized in our internal system.
- API key for the production system
Once IP whitelisting has been completed, paysafecard will provide you with access details for the paysafecard production system. We then ask you to integrate paysafecard into your production system by entering the REST access details in your system.
- Acceptance test
Once this step is completed by you, our staff will carry out a final test transaction and check that the paysafecard logos and copy text are up to date and meet our quality requirements.
- Go Live
Once the acceptance test has been successfully completed by our staff, paysafecard will be authorized for use as a payment method for your online shop and you can start processing payments with paysafecard.
What technology does paysafecard use?
The paysafecard payment application is based on a REST API. REST, Representational State Transfer, is an architectural style of the World Wide Web. REST uses the standard HTTP methods (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc.).